Saturday 6 July 2013

Rapid Fire With Ranveer Singh – Birthday Exclusive

Coming with a motive of making it big in Bollywood, this dashing dude has done it Band Baaja Baraat style and how! From the hot singleton status of desirability in India today, this naughty actor can bowl you over with his disarming candour. While Ladies V/s Ricky Bahl sloted him into a bracket of a typical commercial stunner, a period film like Lootera infused in a welcome change.


Ranveer Singh
On a voyeuristic trail on his career, injuries, link-ups, heart breaks and success story, Ranveer Singh spices it all up with a dash of lemon squeezed into the already delicious and entertaining transcript of sorts. Ranveer who has stunned us with a thrilling and a breath taking performance in Vikramaditya Motwane’s Lootera also spoke of the ghastly encounter with a casting agent that prepared him for the bad part of the stupendous success that Bollywood brought with it.

While Ranveer today has turned out to be one of the yummiest singletons, although rumours of his link ups with every other costar is just another love saga of its own, it was Amitabh Bachchan’s Jumma chumma which instilled the desire in him to be an actor, he recalled! “I always was such a nautanki. I always did drama and dance and stuff when I was young. My grandmother used to ask me to dance to Jumma Chumma and I used to dance on it even in parties. Then from there I just wanted to grow up and turn into an actor.” But did this outsider have an easy way out? “Well, not literally”, he disagrees. “Initially after my studies, I went to study abroad and I studied Acting abroad. But when I came back, all I did was just copywriting because I simply love writing. Writing is kind of my biggest hobby and I guess if I had not been an actor, I would have been a copywriter. But then during my struggling period, all I hoped was for a brilliant break and Yash Raj just parceled it to me. I could not have asked for anything more”

Talk to him and you know you cannot get away without a Rapid Fire. And voila, Ranveer Singh spilled secrets in his candid avatar during the Rapid Fire session as well.

Rapid Fire:

If you were on a lonely island with Anushka, you would: We would have killed each other then and there. Then toh sirf hum dono ki laash milti. (Laughs)
A tagline that best suits you: Ranveer Singh: dot, dot, dot!
A secret about Ranveer Singh that nobody knows: There are a lot of secrets which nobody except Ranveer singh knows! But yes, I have a fetish for shoes. (On pestering him a bit, he also added) I also have a fetish for arm flesh. The flesh on a woman’s upper arm.(laughs)
Your favourite cuisine: Desi Chinese!
Somethinh that you go bananas over: Radiant skin and good diction, in women
A body part that you think makes you look even sexier: My butt, I guess!!
Something that you want to change within yourself: My lack of control over my emotions. I don’t like it.
One role you wish you had played: One role that I definitely want to play would be of Tony Montana, which was originally played by Al Pacino in ‘Scarface’ (1983). And among the Bollywood ones, I wish I had done Shahid’s role in ‘Kaminey’.
Five words that best describes you: Stupid, bloody idiot, cool donkey!
One thing that sets Ranveer apart from the other actors: Well, I am just different.
A question that you to be asked by others: I would like people to ask me, “What is the secret of your energy?”
And the answer would be: A keera (worm)! Suleiman keera!
Today as this 6 feet tall man stands even taller, courtesy his stellar performances and powerful aplomb, Ranveer, the Lootera has robbed us all of our hearts and swept our floors away in a way that no one could. While the industry goes gaga about his latest stint creating immense impact, we at Koimoi wish this overtly friendly and grounded actor a very Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment